Hello All. It has been almost 2 months since our last post, so we have lots of ground to cover. First off, we'd like to say thanks to our parents for helping us have such a great summer. They were both very kind and giving. We are now back in "Happy Valley" for one more year till graduation. One great spot of news is that I passed L1 of the CFA exam! So things are looking up. Now let's look at the final months of our North Salt Lake Days.

For our 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY we went up to Jackson and Yellowstone territory. Here are Katie and Chris in front of the Snake river, just south of Jackson.

The Family Picture spot in front of the antler mausoleum.

Chris and I had a scary encounter with Bigfoot (Mom, eat your heart out; he's real!).

This is inside Yellowstone at the Excelsor Pots. We also went to Firehole and did some great swimming.

Eventually we made our way to West Yellowstone and enjoyed a free outdoor concert.

Chris loved the teeter-totter.

On the drive home, we dropped by Katie & Jeff's apartment in Rexburg. Beautiful place.

We took Chris to the Utah Children Museum - they had a great expo on frogs. Blue steel?

Nikki had a baby shower and so Derek, Jeff, and I seized the opportunity to go have some "Male-Bonding" time = goofy golf.

Aesthetically pleasing, no?

Now we enter the Annual Patch California trip. It was Chris's first time in California at the beach. Needless to say, he loved it.

There are very few times in a father's life when he can feel that he truly instructs his son in the paths of truth and righteousness. I felt said feeling when I brought Chris to his first Jack in the Box session. However, I did not allow him to suck on the tacos.

The Patch girls.

We also went to Sea World! We had a blast. Chris enjoyed chummin' with the sharks.

He enjoyed petting the rays too.

Shamu! Free Willy!

Our little Shamu was tuckered out after a long day of fun.

Don't worry, we saved Atlantis on the movie-based ride.. and we got soaked for it.

Chris and I both tried Skim boarding for the first time. I think he has better form.

Andando, echando perros a las mujeres.

Russ and Chris hangin out at the Condo.

We saw some cool reef sharks, rays, urchins, and a host of fish while snorkeling.

Now we enter the beach photos.





This time we tried our hand at SUP boarding (Stand up Paddle). It was super fun.

I gotta admit, the girls were probably better than the boys.

In short, we had a great time in California with the Patch's. Thanks so much!
Next is a shameless plug for Kelly Sansom. He took our wedding pictures and did a great job. He took some wonderful pictures of our chubby little man. Enjoy.







Last of all, we welcome Averie Barton into the world! Congratulations Nikki & Derek. We wish the best to the both of you... especially over these next few weeks. Have fun!
5 comments:
So happy to see these great photos of your cute family. Hope you are enjoying Provo again. Love you--all 3 of you! GramMer
fun times for familia barton! love chubby chris, rolls rule!
I love the beach family pictures. You guys are just picture perfect! Chris is a ham, I love it!
I can't believe he's already echando perros a las mujeres. He really is your kid Bartón.
What a lovely post! It's sure fun to watch your family grow and having so much fun. Your little Chris is one cute little man! Enjoy this fall semester @ Happy Valley!
Post a Comment