Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Update # 2

Hello all! Summer has been awesome so far. We've had a great time enjoying the sun. Click on the pictures to enlarge them. Vamos!

I would now like to throw in a quick advertisement for Rapid Progression Kayaking. My cousin-in-law works as a kayak trainer. These guys are the real deal. They hold kayak trainings here and there at local pools. They take their trainees on trips too if they'd like. If you have a party coming up and you don't have an idea of what to do, then try kayaking!

Here I am learning how to flip the kayak.
Chris wanted to get in on the action in Katie's kayak.

Katie & Liz practicing.

Christopher's hair was getting too long, so we had to cut it. Here he is at his first haircut.

Here he is at his first "real food" restaurant. We fed him rice cereal and he loves it.

I'd now like to introduce you to a man that's become a dear friend: Luis. He came to the US from Mexico and has been looking for work. A man in our ward not only gave him work, but he also allowed him to live in his home. I had the privilege of getting to know him as I assisted the missionaries in teaching him the gospel en espanol. But that's not all I helped him learn...


We took him on a tour of temple square. Here we are at the top of the conference center.


Luis joined the church in early June. He is such a neat guy that will do amazing things in his life.

Here's Chris swimming at a local pool with his mom and grandpa.
Here he is in his new swimming shorts from grandma.

Chris fills his pants better than I fill the fridge with otter pops.

In June the Averett/Barton clan took a trip to Bear Lake. Here you'll see Zach launching off his rocket in the annual rocket contest. He pretty much rulzz.

Devon, Zach, and Jayden playing in the sand.

The whole crew.

We went up to Oakley, UT for the annual Oakley National Rodeo. It was a blast! I have mad respect for any guy that would ride a bull like they do.

We were graced with a visit from Jake, Megan, and Tyler Richardson. It was Megan's birthday too! We went hiking up Mueller park and then went to gateway. You guys rock!

Chris got a little sleepy..

These next few pictures are of Derek, Nikki, and I going geocaching! If you haven't done it yet, you have to give it a try. Arguably one of my favorite hobbies.

Derek found the cache!

Nikki was the stalwart "direction giver" and codebreaker.

We stumbled upon an Anti-Government rally on the state's capitol. (PS - Ben Bernanke is the man!! I hope he gets a second term.)

Our Cache hunts took us to some statues and monuements to extract info to plug into the GPS.

Finally, that night Katie, Chris, and I went to Farmington to see fireworks. It was so funny to watch Chris as the night would light up. His eyes would go wide open.


That's all for now! In the words of the pointy-eared man, "Live long and prosper."

4 comments:

Jeff Barton said...

Wow awesome! I LOVE that last picture of Chris, it is hilarious, that little guy is the best! Hope your summer continues to be fun

Derek, Nikki, and Avrie said...

YAY for geocaching! That was so fun! We have had a blast hanging out with you guys a lot more this summer! Glad your summer has been fun! HAHA chris is the best!

MegRich said...

What a fun time you guys have! Thanks for the fun time we had with you guys when we were there. Definitely one of the major highlights of our trip, seriously! You guys are the best!

Debbie said...

I love your photos. Your little Chris is getting so big. He is so cute in his new swimsuit. Keep posting - your humor makes my day!