Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day & Other

Hey all - We had a fun Memorial Day along with some other activities.

Derek, Jeff, and I met together on Memorial Day at Dad's grave. It had been almost 8 years since we'd been there at the same time. It was really nice.


Us with the Grandparents.


That evening we heard about a bagpipe concert at Lakeview Cemetary. It was really cool.


Aside from the music, we got some free cookies, drinks, and hot dogs!


Here is the "hot" bagpipe player that Arika stalked. Sadly, there were no repercussions.


The day afterwards Liz, Annie, Katie, Greg, Alex, and I went for a bike ride up the Bonneville shoreline to Ensign Peak. I grossly underestimated the degree of difficulty! Here's Katie trucking along.


Boo-yah! "Be At the Mountain"


Yes... Katie's biceps are way bigger than mine.


That Friday we went to a SLC Bee's baseball game. Chris ever so cutely showed off his portly belly.


Afterwards there was a sweet fireworks show (although it doesn't quite hold a candle to BOB's show through the opening roof)


The day after that, Alex, Mom, and I ran a 5k in honor 0f 5 Park City students who died 7 months within each other. One of which was a missionary that Alex trained in Brazil. Mom rocked the block at her first 5k!


Alex pulled about a 28 and I finished right around 30 minutes. It was really fun.


So there you have it! Summer is awesome! Hope you're all enjoying it as well. Remember, keep your friends close, but keep your otter pops closer.

3 comments:

Jeff Barton said...

dude, sweet stuff, sounds like summer is here for sure.

Arika A. said...

um...Arika stalked? More like Katie stalked for me haha..
What an active family we have! Bike rides, 5k's, and bagpipe concerts...so much fun!!

MegRich said...

Kurt... you're funny! Glad to see you guys are having a fun time. Christopher is gettin so big. He's so dang cute! Are you guys going to be in town there in Utah for the 4th of July? Jake and I are probably going to be coming up around that time and we'd love to get together.