Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer Update

Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful Spring/Summer. A lot has happened in the Barton family, so let's jump right into it...

A bunch of my good friends just graduated. They're off to medical school (Trent), Dental School (Shum), and Law School (Devin). Congrats to them. VP73 is off to do great things. Here we are in one last hurrah filled with Blitz, Mario Tennis, Guitar Hero, and more.


Next, here's Katie with some of her best friends at Graduation (Katie, Katie, & Amy). Way to go!


2/3 graduated in the family


Russel also just graduated (and rocked the GMAT!)


Christopher is a poser. A cute poser.


The official deed.


During the graduation speeches, Chris got all excited and decided to blow out is cute outfit. So we had to haul it out in a garbage bag (thanks Janene, Annie, & Liz).


The proud parents and graduates.


It is Patch tradition to visit Escalante and Southern Utah during Easter. So instead of going Easter weekend, we all went down directly after graduation. It was a really fun visit. Here you will see me, Steve, and Russ spending our time trying to fish with a little blow gun and darts.


Lower Calf Creek Falls 3 mile hike.


Chris didn't seem to mind the hike, but neither would I if someone carried me there and back.


Later we hiked through some slot canyons called "Spooky Gulch" and "Peek-a-boo." There were times that the walls were about 1 foot apart, so we took Chris out of the carrier and just passed him along the canyon.


Hiking through.


Our Christmas Card


I post this mainly to highlight Russel's derriere


We also couldn't pass up some awesome Geo-Caching. This one had me and Steve hiking up one mountain, only to find out that the coordinates were off. As usual, Russ found the ammo box. We also found another one by lower Calf Creek Falls.


This is near the Upper Falls. Here I am doing a gainer into the freezing cold water.


There was also a fun moss slide.


Here Russ and I doing some more dives.


Greg doing a masterful front dive. Russ, Greg, and I were the only ones to actually dive. Hopefully next time the others will jump too.


Chris hiding in the rocks.


I also turned 24 recently! Thanks Liz for the otter pops and the sidewalk display.


Excellent dinner with the Padres at Maccaroni Grill.


Yay!


Katie also got to celebrate her first real official Mother's Day. Chris was kind enough to give her a card that he personally signed.

That's all for now! Katie and I have moved up to North Salt Lake for the summer while I prepare Level 1 of the CFA exam. In June I'll start work at Alta Capital which will be a great opportunity. We're loving life and our little man. Come visit us and we'll shred at Rock Band or perhaps find a hidden gem of a movie at the Davis County Library.

4 comments:

Jeremeamia said...

Hey, I'm coming up to Utah this summer at the end of June. You gonna be home then?

MegRich said...

Yay Bartons! Sounds like your summer is off to a good start! Congrats to Katie for graduating- what a trooper! We're also coming up to Utah sometime in June and would love to get the boys together for a "play day". And see you guys too!

Liz said...

Your family is adorable Kurt. Chris is growing so fast! He is so cute and your wife likes she as sweet as can be. And whoever this Liz is that is giving you otter pops for your birthday knows what's up. Give her props for upholding the name.

Debbie said...

What a great review of your recent past. I really loved every picture. Your Escalante adventure took my breath away!