Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grassroots: Our Trip to Mesa

Hi all. This past weekend we drove down to Mesa to feel the wonderful warmth of friends and 109 weather. Lets start with the drive down.



This was on a gas pump.


Here's the good ol' "Dolphin House." That's the same hoop we put up!




To educate Katie in the Traditions of Mesa, we went to the MHS Traditions Assembly. It brought back some great memories. Here's the football team doing the Haka



We attended the Mesa Temple too. The cactus garden was beautiful

Afterwards we went with Jake to Mangos. Apparently, he likes it.



Later that night, we went to a D-Backs game. Sadly they lost, but since Randy Johnson threw 13 strike outs, we got a coupon for a free thirstbuster!




After the game, they opened the roof and shot off fireworks. Not quite the Beijing Opening or Closing ceremonies, but it was still pretty good

The next morning we went to the Lake with the Bowles and Richardsons.



There is your classic Jake.



Here is Brad getting some sick air.



Katie blew us all away when she got up on her FIRST time! Impressive!



This was also the First time she totally ate it.



The fish at work



Katie riding the surf skate. hard core.



Ridin




Here is some footage of Brad clearing the wake.




Here's some footage of me on a little jump. "Pride goeth before the fall"

Later that night we hung out with tons of other friends at Alisse and Scott Baldwin's house. Thanks guys for allowing us to raid your home!




Oh yeah, can't forget an essential stop to Jack in the Box.

We had such a fun time and hope to see everyone soon enough again. Rock the Mesa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sad I just missed you guys!! How fun that you get to play with all the kids like old times... Steve and I made a pact when I was there... if we get to 30 we'll just get married so we can stay in the rat pack... wait no- I am pretty sure I said 40... anyway... Miss you!

MegRich said...

We had so much fun with ya'll. I think you guys should really consider moving here to Mesa. There's plenty of places in our neighborhood... :) We can't wait to see you guys again. Thanks for all the fun!