After much deliberation and meditation, Katie and I have decided to take a trip to Europe! We figure that our family size is right, we have no jobs or apartment waiting for us in Provo, and so we'll take the plunge. We leave on July 1st and fly out on July 31st. It'll be a month long trip of bagettes, gelato, cheese, hostels, weak usd conversions, and other fun memories. This is the breakdown:
- Paris FR
- Bern SW
- Lauterbrunnen SW
- Gimmelwald SW
- Munich GE
- Salzburg AU
- Vienna AU
- Venice IT
- Florence IT
- Rome IT
- Cinque Terra IT
Here's where it'll be on the map

If you've been to any of these places and have suggestions, we'd love to hear about it. Party on!
6 comments:
you guys are amazing! that takes guts to go out there when you've never been there...well, maybe you have, but anyways it sounds like blast! the only place i've been on that list is paris. when we were there we made sure to go to Versailles Palace. It's awesome. well, have an awesome time and be safe. Some of those hostels get crazy!
you kids are crazy- I could not be more jealous its true. You better take pictures and blog them so we can call live vicariously through you and wish we were married and travelling the world... but we aren't...sigh.
no way! You two are so fun! keep it up...i love ya!
hey barton, it's behnke... I saw your blog on yager's wall. I'm actually studying in Vienna right now, and have traveled to a lot of the places on your list. Email me and maybe we can meet up in Vienna and I could show you around :) Take care :)
Okay so this is probably too late but if not GO TO Prague!!!! Is the check republic and everything is really cheep... food, shopping and it is also really pretty. It was one of my favorite places I went when I went all over Europe.
-Megan Harris
she's write about prague... I just got back and it was beautiful, my favorite city I've visited besides Vienna. Unfortunately, nothing in Europe is cheap these days with the condition of the US dollar, not even Prague. It wasn't overly expensive as long as you stay out of the major tourist trap areas.
Post a Comment