Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Someone's gonna give birth...

But not to a baby... a kidney stone! About 2 months ago i had a little kidney stone episode. Last Thursday and Friday things flared up again and so we went to the ER to get it checked out. I got some work done on me and here is what the stone ended up looking like when they took the x-ray.

Crazy huh!

This is not my x-ray, but it is very similar to the one I got. It was a 5mm stone on my right side. So the doctor had me get a lithotripsy, which is a procedure that uses high frequency sound waves to break up the stone, to make it easier to pass. This is what it turned out to be like...

Ha.


They laid me on a table like this and that orange ball thing is right on my kidney. After that I was out from the anesthesia.



Now I'm chilling at home on my heavy medication and this is how I feel. I also did this blog entry while on the med's, so that might explain my randomnocity.

But in all honosty, thanks to those that kept us in their prayers and thoughts. We really felt like things went very smoothly and without error. We'll let you know how things turn out. Hopefully all of this gets taken care of before July 1st!

5 comments:

How it all started... said...

we would love to see the Bartons! and yes, we will be here at the end of August. With work and school its hard to do anything out of this hot but lovely city. If you do end up coming down...we might have to take a boating trip or something else fun (maybe with the richardsons too!)and if you need a place to stay...we have two couches and a baby that sleeps most nights...usually! :) hope you're feeling better kurt!

MegRich said...

Yes we'll be here!! We'll have a crib you can use for the little one Kurt... We can even bust out a rousing game of Yahtzee like we did for the Anderson's when they came down. Count us in on the lake idea. We'll bring the sunscreen! Have fun in Europe!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Hey, we'll be here, too!
We have an extra bedroom with a queen bed if you need somewhere to sleep.
We've been trying to plan a get-together with the Mesa married kids, and so maybe this will be it! I've been trying to get everyone together at our house for pizza/games/foo fighters dance party/etc. Sound like a plan??

Devin and Marian said...

Hang in there! Das goot this is the dwarf invasion

Anonymous said...

Dude that is funny stuff. All I can say is that I have been drinking lots of water lately...