I don't do this often, but I'd actually write some thoughts on our blog. This could be boring and grammatically incorrect, so you might want to just go straight to the pictures.
I have fallen in love with Boston! It was very clean and super organized. Maybe just because we've had to deal with the behemoth of NYC things look different. The rail system was very reliable and easy to use. No express or local trains to differentiate between. I like colors and it was easy to figure out where we were going and when to get off.
The atmosphere of the city was supernal. It seemed like there was so much neat history that had taken place there. Everywhere you turned there was an old building where some famous statesman gathered to discuss something whose outcome affects us now today. We were walking on paths where great men used to exist.
Harvard was sweet! Granted we didn't get to see too much of it, I was in awe of the monstrous libraries and facilities. Some of Russel and Laurens friends (who are students) told us about the culture. Everyone is so smart and intellectual. The business school was massive!
The coastal life was neat. There are lots of harbors, an aquarium, and whales. On that note, the sea food is really good. Plus you can get the famous Clam Chowdah.
The Common Park and the Public Park were incredible. There were people playing frisbee, kickball, soccer, baseball, and tons of other stuff. It was a massive park in the middle of the madness of the downtown. It seemed like central park only more friendly. There were statues everywhere and ice cream stands on the corners of the street.
Last of all, the sporting scene is incredible. The Boston Redsox are like the life blood that flows through the city. 8/10 people are wearing Boston paraphernalia, whether it be from baseball, basketball, football or hockey. The natives love their teams more than any other state I've seen.
I would love to live in Boston someday. If you haven't made it out there and the opportunity presents itself, do it! It was a beautiful city with lots to offer, and I haven't even scratched the surface.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment